The PM Library is your list of all system generated preventative maintenance work orders towards a location (bathroom, unit, building, garage etc..) or asset (any type of equipment). The PM Library is very powerful allowing you to create a full featured preventive schedule and letting the application do the rest. Full email and push notifications are handle through the app leaving the ADMIN to simply review COMPLETED work orders and CLOSE them off.
Step by Step to creating your 1st PM
- Select PM LIBRARY within your dashboard menu then CREATE NEW PM
- The PM is setup in 2 parts. Part 1, 1st page:Title – Input a short title to reference your pm. The title is also the subject line in all outgoing email and push notifications.Work Order Category – This list is edited by the ADMIN in COMPANY SETTINGS and used to group work orders into a defined category.
Priority – This list is edited by the ADMIN in COMPANY SETTINGS and used to group work orders in priority such as Urgent, Medium, Service Level Agreement etc…
Generate Work Orders – You may pause the generation of pm work orders.
All Day Task – If selected this means a STAFF or VENDOR has until midnight to COMPLETE the work. If unchecked, you can specify the duration of the work in minutes.
Contact Email – Sometimes you don’t want to invite a contractor or staff into your account as a new USER. Use this field to add an external person to the work order and receive notication through email. Using semi colon, you may add multiple people to a work order.
Short Description – Use 3-4 keywords to describe the work. In the future your STAFF and/or VENDOR will not require reading the entire Notes.
Notes – Use notes to write up your PM requirements clearly. Notes can be step by step todo items regarding the PM by the manufacturer.
Files – Alternatively you may attach unlimited files to a PM. These can be O & M manuals, Images, Office docs and even audio files. The attachments are always available within the pm for review by the staff/vendor.
Save – Once you have completed all the data requirements click SAVE and move to step #2.
- PM Setup Part 2:The entire PM is part of a 5 page according. We are now on page 1 of 5 sections. Assign assets, locations, parts, staff and vendors to the scheduled pm. You have a choice, either do this now or when the PM is generated. Since pm’s are system generated and auto APPROVED (green) you should do this now.
PM Assets – This will be the dropdown selection for all your equipment/assets in your database. For example, if you schedule a monthly oil change on your truck the asset is your truck.
PM Locations – This will be the dropdown selection for all your Locations in your database. Use BUILDINGS to group locations making it easier to filter through hundreds. By typing in any letter, Maxpanda auto filters your lists alphabetically.
Parts – You have a choice here. Pre-assign parts when creating your ASSET list (assigning parts to each asset) or assign parts at the pm level. If you assigned parts to an asset previously you do not need to add the part within the pm, Maxpanda CMMS handles that for you. As parts are assigned to pm’s, they are available for consumption when the work order is completed by staff/vendor and inventory is auto managed by the app.
Assigned Staff – If you assign the pm to an internal maintenance staff at this point they will always receive the generated pm, email and be assigned to it in their work order list.
Assigned Vendor – If you assign the pm to an external vendor/contractor at this point they will always receive the generated pm, email and be assigned to it in their work order list.
- PM Setup Part 3, The Schedule:Recurrence pattern – Maxpanda CMMS mimics Microsoft Outlook Scheduling system making it familiar to you. Create a pm work schedule daily, weekly, monthly, yearly and in any permutation.
Range of recurrence – A recurrence is a new system generated work order. You can create an endless schedule or define how many occurences you want to generate. In the above example we see a pm wo will generate every 2 months (1st Monday of each Month) and for 6 times. Meaning our PM was for a 1 year period on a location or asset.
- PM Setup Part 4, PM Tasks:Tasks – It is for your benefit to pre-assign TASKS (created by you in your TASK LIBRARY) to your PM’s. Tasks can be ordered in priority and assigned to various staff/vendors. You as the admin can create tasks that must be completed before the pm is closed. Each task can hold unlimited items to be completed by staff/vendors. Tasks are powerful and allow the admin to ensure all work has been completed for the pm. Get creative, create multiple Tasks now to see how they fit into your organization.
- PM Setup Part 5, PM Attachments:Attachments – Attach working drawings, schematics, O & M manuals, Images, MP3’s, Office documents to your pm’s. These items are visible to everyone you assign to the pm. Staff/Vendors can even update the files or take new pictures using smartphone/tablets and add to the pm or work order. Great for condition reporting on assets/locations.
- PM Setup Part 6, PM Occurrences:
Maxpanda CMMS stores every generated work order for each of your pm’s within your pm template giving you quick access to all your historical data conducted on a location or asset. In this example we can open up each work order generated from this pm as far back as October 2013 allowing us to review the history of the entire wo.