HOTEL HOSPITALITY SPA RESORT MAINTENANCE MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
RESORT MAINTENANCE MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Running a single or national hotel chain is a very complex & comes with a logistical endeavor that requires careful planning and hard work to ensure the effective interaction of all departments. Equipment breakdowns happen, which is why hotels and resorts employ professional maintenance staff at every level. Hotel maintenance staff, sometimes called maintenance engineers, perform a wide range of essential tasks, helping to ensure a smooth operating facility resulting in satisfied customers.
Scheduled Routine preventive maintenance comprises for a significant percentage of the duties for the hotel maintenance engineer, this can become overwhelming. Responsibilities range from changing HVAC filters to lubricating kitchen equipment to regular boiler maintenance (get a cmms asap). Hotel maintenance staff are also typically responsible for scheduling regular inspections of electrical equipment and/or elevators as required by state and local law, as well as working with vendors to replace old and or new equipment of all kinds.
Repairs: Hotel maintenance engineers are heavily responsible for minor mechanical, electrical, HVAC, Sweeping carpets, washing floors, cleaning readily accessible windows, cutting grass, cleaning guestrooms, replacing burned-out light bulbs or construction-related repairs throughout the premises. Maintenance workers often have to refer to blueprints, diagrams and manuals in making repairs, and they also have to arrange for the pick up or delivery of the necessary parts and supplies. Having a cmms in place like Maxpanda can help you organize your o&m documents all in one safe and convenient place.
The success of any hotel or resort is based on the level of service that is provided to its guests. By storing all of your buildings, floors, rooms and equipment in an asset management solution you can track the maintenance on your entire organization. The live asset cost report will give you the maintenance costs at any level of the organization. Preventive maintenance procedures can also be set up for HVAC units and generators to prevent failures. Ultimately, the maintenance management system can be utilized to track maintenance, greatly reduce costs, give a higher level of service to all customers and a cleaner more happier working environment for your staff. Using Maxpanda's simple, easy-to-use web-based application can help your Resort or Hotel extend asset life, track maintenance costs, provide a higher level of service, maintain a clean and efficient environment, improve labor productivity, reduce costly downtimes, minimize investments in inventory and lower the total cost of maintenance.
Resorts and Hotels can set up maintenance procedures and preventive maintenance schedules for facilities and equipment such as the following: Hotel Rooms, Restrooms, Elevators, Kitchen / Dining Facility, Golf Course, Restaurant Hallways, HVAC Units, Swimming Pool, Landscape Maintenance, Data / Telecom Equipment, Windows and Glass, Stock Rooms, Conference Rooms, Fitness Room / Equipment and anything else you may think of.
How can Maxpanda help?
Maxpanda is a critical tool for your hospitality operations. It's widely used by clients as small as bed and breakfasts to multisite brands around the world. Whether you use Maxpanda CMMS for a single building or multiple properties, the positive effects will be significant. Easily set up automated communications, scheduling, tracking and reporting of:
- Life Safety Issues and Procedures
- Security and Infrastructure
- Contract Management
- Equipment Warranties Management
- Property Improvement Initiatives
- Work Order Cost Management
- Contractor Invoicing
- Totally Mobile and Tablet Friendly
- Guest Requests
- Preventive Maintenance
- Work Order Maintenance
- Inspections & Reports
- Location Management
- Download Maxpanda Brochure (PDF)
We've designed Maxpanda for hospitality environments striving to exceed their guest's expectations by achieving peak performance in areas that matter mostly to their clients - the guest. Maxpanda is a master of all things cmms. It can be 100% white-labeled and branded with your company details to:
- Deliver guest services faster better
- Recognize and correct issues immediately
- Improve guest experiences
- Automatically alert maintenance staff
- Discover trends and identify problem areas
- Electronic calendar linked to completed service recovery work orders
- Clean rooms
- Scheduled Preventive Maintenance
- Well-maintained interiors / exteriors
- Secure Environments
- Courteous Guest Service
- Location Management
- Operational Task Checklists
- Download Maxpanda Brochure (PDF)
The Impact of Hotel Hospitality Resort Maintenance while using Hotel Maintenance Management Software
Using Maxpanda Hotel Maintenance Management Software, Hospitality, Spa and Resort maintenance software for everyday work orders, easy to use, cross-platform, full featured computerized maintenance management software tools such as Maxpanda EAM CMMS system will assist your hotel to maintain operational costs as well as manage all the lifecycles of every asset. Maintenance planning is much more than setting out a schedule and hoping that staff can accomplish as many as possible. Without proper EAM planning hotel maintenance staff will seem disorganized. More importantly, operating costs start to increase due to the amount of unplanned/emergency repairs which accelerate capital costs.
Meeting capital budget expectations using Maxpanda Hotel Maintenance Management CMMS Software & Hospitality Resort Maintenance Software
- Achieve key performance indicators
- Reduce document storage and handling costs
- Establish standard operating procedures per department or site
- Eliminate overtime per staff members with Hotel Maintenance Management CMMS Software
- Have 90% of all work be proactive (preventive maintenance, inspections and repairs)
- Reduce energy consumption by 20% with Hotel Maintenance Management CMMS Software
- Reduce customer complaints (maintenance related) by 90%
- Reduce backlog to less than 5% of outstanding work requests with Maxpanda CMMS Hotel Hospitality Resort Maintenance Software
- Simply identify barriers through Maxpanda Hotel, Hospitality, spa and resort maintenance software that hinder management from accomplishing corporate objectives
- 80/20 rule for Hotel, Hospitality, spa and resort maintenance. 80 percent of hotel maintenance should be proactive while 20 percent is maintained at reactive
- Make better use of a properly implemented EAM CMMS. Hotel EAM CMMS systems provide automation, scheduling, work history tracking and documentation tools
- Improve training to increase the skill sets of maintenance staff on both equipment and the use of EAM CMMS software
- Maxpanda CMMS cost is minimal compared to the replacement of a major chiller or HVAC. Track it with Hotel Hospitality Resort Maintenance Software
10 Habits of a Successful Hotel Resort General Manager
1. Make decisions quickly Successful leaders are expert decision makers. A General Manager's day is filled around the clock with meetings and exchanges with staff, guests, vendors, suppliers and new recruits, etc. The goal of each meeting and encounter is to make decisions. Successful hoteliers either empower their employees to reach a desirable outcome or they do it themselves. They focus on “making things happen” at all times – encouraging progress and keeping their hotel above par.
2. Get out of the office Years of hands-on experience in the trenches have finally led to a nice, large office, but don't get too comfortable. With so many meeting, emails, and administrative tasks to attend to, it's easy to get trapped. Spend too much time in the office and you may lose track of what is happening in the "front of house." So make it a practice to spend a little time each day walking around the hotel, helping the front desk, directing and motivating employees, inspecting rooms, interacting with a guest or two. This will help you understand your employees, guests and hotel better.
3. Lead by example People truly follow only those they trust. If you want to gain the trust and confidence of your employees you must set an example for them. This may sound easy, but few leaders are consistent with this one. Successful leaders practice what they preach and are attentive of their actions.
4. Surround yourself with the right people This is easier said than done as high employee turnover continue to plague the hospitality industry - wreaking havoc on productivity, morale and the hotel's bottom line. Reports show that 54% of organizations see greater new hire productivity and 50% higher retention rates for new hires when they have a well-planned onboarding process in place. You already know that first impressions are so important when it comes to hotel guests, well the same goes for new recruits: Give them an exceptional first experience; so you can both know you made the right choice.
5. Motivate your employees The ball is in your court. According to a recent study by Dale Carnegie Training, less than 20% of non-management employees are fully engaged (aka, fully motivated and productive) and the single most important factor influencing engagement is an employee’s relationship with his or her direct manager.
6. Delegate Don't try to do everything yourself and don't micromanage. Communicate the hotel's mission, vision, values, and goals, etc., then step back and let your staff take it from there. Setting this example will encourage your department heads and managers to do the same.
7. Measure and reward performance Studies show that a lack of praise and recognition is a top reason that employees are unhappy at their jobs. Successful managers (hotel GMs included) are active in recognizing and acknowledging hard work and are mindful of rewarding top performers. These employees and their efforts should not be taken for granted - they are the ones who will help you achieve your company goals and, potentially, motivate others to become more engaged. They are also the examples other employees look to when trying to improve themselves professionally.
8. Implement the right technologies Technology is the key to running a hotel in this modern day and age, from managing a guest's experience, to property management, to employee training. While rolling out new technologies can be daunting, the benefits are worthwhile and often necessary to remain competitive.
9. Take Responsibility Great leaders know when to accept that mistakes have been made and take it upon themselves to fix them. It doesn’t help to point a finger or place blame, if you are the leader, you need to take responsibility, attend to the matter, learn from the situation and then move on.
10. Love your job Successful hoteliers love being leaders, after all, making a difference in other people's lives is why you chose the hospitality industry in the first place. Being a successful hotel General Manger is all about your ability to serve others and this can’t be accomplished unless you genuinely enjoy what you do.
Download Maxpanda Brochure (PDF).